So lately Greg and I have been fishing like crazy! We have been hitting up our dock, some secret spots, and even other places that we see when we are on our way t0 dinner, or on a drive, or even visiting my parents! In our minds anytime is a good time to fish, right?!
The other night, Greg and I went morel mushroom hunting. There are these mushrooms that grow in the wild in the springtime that I guess are really really delicious and rare, and we were hoping to find some.
Today I wanted to share some items and products that I just love! Some of these items have been staples for a while and some are new. Especially with spring here, I always like to do a little update. There is just something about wanting to be all fresh when springs rolls back around, and doing a little shopping feels so revitalizing!
…so here they are:
- Hunter Boots– I have been in love with Hunter Boots for 4 years now! They are comfy, classy, durable, and waterproof (so good). I feel like they make the legs look nice, and they go great with jeans or leggings. Plus, Hunters are the perfect boot for the lifestyle that Greg and I live. I can look super stylish, but also walk through a muddy field, jump in some puddles, or go trekking through the woods, and then take them home and hose ’em off. I seriously wore my black Hunters so much that they got a hole in them. The boots are lined, though, so I colored the lining in with a black sharpie. I swear you can barely see it, but that little hole was driving Greg nuts! He insisted that I get a new pair, and we both loved the hunter green. We ended searching them in stores for a whole weekend until we ordered them online! They are just the cutest and I am so excited about them.
- Victoria’s Secret Workout Leggings– Victoria’s Secret has just come out with the cutest workout leggings! I’ve worn their black ones for a while to the gym, but these new colors and designs are just too cute for words. They’re a mix of a neutral and a pastel, and they have little details like mesh or different stitching that make them really stylish for the gym, outdoor fun, or just everyday! I bought these last week, and wore them on the blog last weekend: see here . I bought them in 2 colors. One of the colors is not available online, so I linked a similar pair Pink Neutral Workout Legging. 🙂
- White Gel Nail Polish– So fresh so clean. White nail polish is one of my staples all year round. I generally switch between a very light pink color and white. At the moment, though, I am really loving white. I also really love that gel lasts so long! I recently bought a gel lamp after my sister said how great the gel is, and I will never go back. Plus, it dries under the lamp so there are no worries about a little smudge or bed sheet prints when you want to do an at home mani before bed! Also, this is the Melody Susie Gel Lamp I ordered on Amazon, and it works great!
- Fly Fishing Pole– Greg taught me how to fly fish when we first met. He used to pick me up and we would go for a drive and then find a spot so that he could teach me the fly fishing cast. I am still trying to master it, but he bought me my very own pink, fly fishing pole last year, and it will always be one of my favorites! I am so happy the spawn is almost here so that I can catch a bass with my fly pole. Greg is a pro with his fly fishing pole, and catches all sorts of fish on it! He also ties his own flies!
- Raincoats– Springtime is the best time to get to wear adorable raincoats. I love raincoats so much because they remind me of jumping in puddles as a little kid (I still jump in puddles now, too)! So fun! They also have so many cute colors, designs, and prints. You can really let your personality or style shine through the rainclouds with a cute raincoat. They’re also perfect for this time of year when Greg and I want to spend the day fishing, but there is rain in the forecast. We both have one that we’ve been wearing on the blog linked here and here. I just want one to match all of my outfits for this time of year!
Thanks for reading! I hope you all have the best weekend ever!! ♥♥♥♥
My sister Olivia made this darling banner
The cute little favors my mom got customized with our picture!My Auntie Kath made the most adorable decorations 🙂
My mom, her sisters, Bebe, and cousins – so gorgeous! Livi and Cici <3 My aunt and pretty cousins My dad and Uncle John 🙂So silly
Christina and Tito – newlyweds Bebe and Papa
Our wedding shower was this past weekend, and it was so much fun! Greg and I were so happy to get to share such a special day with all those we love most. It was definitely a day filled with love and laughs!
Wedding planning and fishing.These two things have definitely been our main focuses these last couple of weeks, and it has been magical! That is just the best way I can describe it. Today, we started out the day with a yummy homemade breakfast and then went to try on suits for the big day!
Happy first day of spring everyone! There is just something about spring coming around that makes me so happy, and it feels all fresh and nice with the sun staying up longer and the breezy, warmer air.
Greg and I are most excited about nicer weather to fish in and take adventures in, and that our wedding is closer than ever! We’re also really excited about getting our kayaks out on the water. I am really determined to be a better kayaker this year. I’ve been doing extra push ups and everything so that I can row it super fast lol. I’ll let you all know how it goes the first time we take them out.
Anyway, these pictures are from about a week ago when we were really wishing spring would come faster. It was a little chilly sitting there out on the water, but now the first day of spring is here and we’re just so happy that we get to ditch our coats. What do you all love most about spring?
I hope you all had the most relaxing weekend! Greg and I sure did. For whatever reason last week felt so so long and somewhat stressful, and this weekend was exactly what we needed. Saturday night we cuddled on the couch, and I totally zonked out at like 7pm and slept like a full 12 hours! It was revitalizing, and I woke up the happiest ever! We also took it super easy this morning. We went and had french toast and omelets at the Times Past Inn , walked around Dick’s Sporting Goods, and then went out to Lake Evergreen for some fishing. It was so nice to just be able to chill and cuddle and relax together. Also, I am not so sure if I am ready for Monday to come yet lol. Can we just relive Sundays forever?! That would be the dream life.
Anyway, these pictures are from last Sunday (we took some today, too, but I felt like these should come first). Last week was just so crazy and got away from me, so here they are! We took a quick little fishing trip before dinner, and I absolutely loved this spot. This was at Lake Evergreen too, but we had to walk down this hill and over some rocks to get to it. It felt super adventurous. Greg and I are both so happy that fishing season is here, and now I am ready for some serious sunshine and dresses and taking the kayaks out!
And finally a few of my favorite things about Sundays….
- All the extra cuddles we have time for!
- Lighting a vanilla candle when we roll out of bed. It just makes our house smell so lovey dovey!
- Getting all dressed up for our Sunday breakfast dates! (Greg gets some extra sleep, and I get all dolled up. I love it!)
- The unlimited hot coffee at Bob Evans or wherever we decide to get breakfast 🙂
- Riding in Greg’s truck, listening to country, while we’re on our way to our weekly adventure.
- Ending the night with a great movie!
We fished Lake Michigan in one of my favorite areas ever when we were up at my parents this past week! With a taste of spring in February, Greg and I took full advantage. We drove to Gilson Beach in Wilmette. Oh, and on our drive there we were listening to the top country songs of 2017 so far, and you have got to give God, Your Mama, and Me a listen! Just give it a click, and you can watch the cutest music video, too. We are playing it on repeat at the moment :).
We went in the evening time, and it had started to cool down. Luckily we had a blanket and Greg’s jacket in the car so we could still go on our little adventure.It was so fun walking in the sand and climbing the rocks to get to our fishing spot. All I could think about was how lucky I am to be with Greg taking in this beautiful scene and fresh air together. The water and sky were both iridescent, and we could even see the Bahai Temple! It was the perfect backdrop for Greg to tie a lure and throw his line.
We stayed there until it was almost dark, and one of my favorite parts was this cute little gate we had to walk through to get to the pier. It was one of those swinging gates, and Greg was so sweet when he made sure I wouldn’t get stuck!
Anyway, I hope you all have an amazing rest of your weekend and can totally relax! Greg and I are busy cuddling on the coach at the moment because it’s back to winter for now.
My little brother and sis turned 21! Greg and I went to Chicago this weekend to celebrate with them, and it was the perfect weekend. Sweet family time, laughs, hugs, and spring in February, and two birthdays!
We drove in Saturday evening after Greg got off work. We got ready at my parents house, and Olivia and I ended up matching perfectly. We had both had gone shopping for outfits to go out to dinner in, and we both picked out fluffy shoes and blush! It was so cute and perfect. It was like we had a total sister thing going on lol.
After relaxing and getting to hang out a little we headed downtown to the Kerryman. We were all really excited to try this restaurant because my dad, Kevin, Greg, and I had won a gift certificate to it in a raffle in an Irish golf outing we had played in together. My mom made our reservation for 9 because if it’s made any earlier when Greg and I come up it’s always a huge rush or we’re late for the reservation, and she never wants us to be in a rush on the weekend, which is really cute and thoughtful. 🙂
Well, by the time we got there for dinner the Kerryman was already in semi-club mode. It was really funny because it was noisy, and there were people everywhere. We sat down for dinner, and then the lights above our table started flickering. We all started laughing because we were not expecting the restaurant to also be a total party place, but honestly it was kinda perfect for a 21st b-day celebration! Ooh, also, the food was really, really good!
After dinner, we wanted to explore a little. Kev, Liv, Greg, and I decided to take a walk and find a bar to have a cocktail at. I loved walking downtown with all the pretty lights holding Greg’s hand. The city can feel like total magic, and it did! We ended up having a margarita at this quiet Mexican restaurant after almost going to a piano bar… apparently Kevin did not have the right shoes for that place lol. Quiet, little places like that are the best, though, because you can have the best conversations with the people you are with, and we did! We were all laughing and just having so much fun together.
Kevin, Greg, and I ended our night in front of a fire back at my parent’s house at 5am (crazy!!! lol) because we were just having the best time!
One of our favorite things to do together is try out new, healthy recipes. Greg and I cook most nights of the week, and we always try and make our dinners yummy but also good for us. We totally love the veggie substitute craze because we can swap them in for some of the heavier, not so good for you ingredients. Zoodles (zuccinni noodles) were our first experiment. We started making those for spaghetti and meatballs and chicken alfredo a while ago, and they were soooo good! We barely missed the noodles! Then, Greg really stepped up the game with eggplant lasagna, and then he found a recipe for cauliflower crust pizza, and we had to try it!
Our cauliflower crust pizza turned out really, really good. It tasted almost exactly like real pizza, and we are definitely going to make it again. Plus, getting to have pizza, eating a bunch, and still feeling good afterwards is a total win, so I thought I’d share our recipe and how we did it.
Here are the steps:
First, Greg chopped up the cauliflower really small. You can do this in a food processor, but if you don’t have one, chopping a way like we did works really well, too.
Next, we steamed the cauliflower so it was soft enough to moosh up. We mooshed it all up in a bowl with an egg, a little cheese, and some Italian seasoning, aregeno, and basil.
Then, we formed the crust on our pizza tray. We had put coconut oil on the tray so that the crust wouldn’t stick, but it still did a little bit. I think next time we’d put parchment paper down to solve that problem, but the main thing is that the cauliflower layer should be thin. (Ours was a little too thick in the middle).
Once this was done we put it in the oven for 35 minutes at 400 degrees. At this point I was dying to see how the crust was going to turn out, and Greg turned the light on in the oven so that I could keep peeking. 🙂
Finally, we took the crust out, put our marinara, cheese, mushrooms, peppers, and pepperoni on it, and popped it back in the oven until the cheese melted. You can use whatever pizza toppings are your favorite, that’s just what we were feeling that night!
…and then we got to eat it! We ate it with forks because the crust is still cauliflower, and our center was a little too soft, but the edges were perfect and tasted exactly like thin crust pizza! If we could’ve gotten the whole pizza to taste like the edges it would’ve been perfect. I was laughing because when I was eating the middle I kinda felt like I was eating cauliflower with pizza toppings on it, but cheese and pepperoni would be good on anything so no big deal! But honestly with that little adjustment, we both feel like the cauliflower pizza is a total winner and a must try!
If you make one, let me know how it turns out, how you liked it and who you shared it with! 🙂